Monday, February 9, 2009

Donovan Comes Clean: "I Am Eddie Munster"




After years of speculation, the truth has finally come to light. Florida head basketball coach Billy Donovan admitted on Monday that he was, in fact, the childhood actor that played Eddie Munster on the hit TV sitcom, The Munsters.

"I just got tired of living the lie," said Donovan, in a tearful news conference on the Gainesville campus this evening. "It was time to finally get this off my chest. I look at Michael Phelps and what he's gone through this past week, A-Rod spilling the beans to Peter Gammons today, it was just time. They say confession is good for the soul, and I can tell you, it truly is a relief to get this out in the open."

Observers that had closely followed Donovan's career as both a player and coach had always been haunted by the striking physical resemblance. The pasty white skin, receding hairline, and beady, piercing eyes had been what some had characterized as a "dead giveaway" for quite some time.

Donovan's mentor, Herman Munst...*cough*...Rick Pitino responded in a news release: "I support Billy in this decision. He's a great coach, a great family man. But I have to admit, he always seemed a little creepy, even as a college point guard. I'm happy that he's finally been able to clear the air with this admission, so that he can now turn the page and move on."

Florida faces the University of Kentucky on Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment